A large house fire on Oct. 3, 2013 completely consumed the home of Joan and Lloyd Adams.
The blaze was reported to the Burns Lake Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department (VFRD) at approximately 10 p.m. The fire had already been burning for about an hour before the fire department was alerted, and when they arrived on scene there was nothing to be done to save the house.
“The house was completely lost when we got there,” said Jim McBride, Village of Burns Lake VFRD chief. “It was an inferno.”
The Adams were out of town when the house went up, and no one was injured in the fire.
A cause for the fire was not immediately evident, but the insurance company called in a fire investigation specialist from Vancouver to inspect the scene. The inspector would not comment on an ongoing investigation.
McBride said that he was not at liberty to discuss the details of an open investigation.